Sunday, August 28, 2011

Matchmaking in Heaven

How do you find love or at least dates after a big break-up in this day and age? You go on Match.com of course!

First off, you should know what I wrote for my profile. This will put all future hook-ups into perspective.

My closest friends describe me as independent. I'm intelligent, I like to work, but I also like to have fun. I like to go do things. Whether that be travel or adventure near home. I like to plan for the future, so much so that I often forget to enjoy the present and may need reminders. I tend to be happy and when I'm happy I talk and I share things and ideas. I've got a lot of ideas and I want to express them and maybe follow up on them in the future.  
I'm not so into clubbing. I like to dance, I just don't like to dance where I'm going to get groped by strangers. I like going to bars, but not to pick up guys, it seems like a recipe for disaster. 
I love to read and own a ton of books. I plan on buying a ton of books in the future too. I love to go to festivals, wine tastings, concerts in the park, to go on adventures, even if that adventure is going for a walk around the neighborhood in the evening. I love to snowboard in the winter, snowtube, play in the snow, and then come inside and have a beer or a hot cocoa.  
I love adventure, but I also love sitting at home. I enjoy playing video games, Final Fantasy, WoW, Rift, as long as you don't expect me to be good at them, I just like playing. I like cuddling and watching movies or TV too. Making dinner and drinking tea or hot cocoa.  
I feel like a balance of going out and staying in is required to be happy. Too much of either and I'll either be exhausted or bored.  
I'm looking for a guy to have fun with, who enjoys similar things, but that has a mind of his own that he likes to express. I'm also looking for a guy that will value me for who I am and wants to be affectionate in public as well as passionate in the bedroom.  
This guy doesn't need to have a sense of style, or be physically fit, but he can't have given up on himself either. It's called self-respect and he's gotta have it.  
Now I'll answer some of those questions since I can't think of what else to say. 
Who or what makes you smile? Almost everything, I'm a naturally happy person, I like to smile, if I'm not smiling there's something wrong. 
How would you describe your social life? Busy, I enjoy making friends and doing those adventure things with them. Going out with me means being friends with my friends, but the feeling is mutual, I would expect to be friends with your friends too. 
What type of things make you laugh out loud? A lot, stupid comedy movies, irony, dirty jokes, just being happy. :) 
What are you looking for in a relationship? Give and take, a partnership based on mutual love, respect and affection. I want a best friend, someone I can count on as well as passion. I don't know if I'll get this for a while, it seems too soon, but ultimately it's what I want. I also want someone who wants to eventually get married have a house and babies. Not a lot, 2 will be fine. But don't contact me if all you're looking for is a lay. I'm not looking for the work required to change your mind. If we date and we're not right for each other then we move on, but if we date and we are right for each other then we go to the next level and figure it out from there.    
What are the things in life you're most passionate about? My passions seem to change with the wind. I like to try new things and see what moves me. I think the world is a beautiful place and I love to be in it.
My best friend points out that I say "adventure" a lot up there.... I don't care. I really do want adventure! Dangit!

What do you think? Am I going to get some awesome dates from this? In the last 2 weeks I've gotten 22 emails and 32 "winks". Pretty snazzy. ;) No dates yet. I just started texting a little.

Rules I have for date selection:

  1. Only casually interested in sports. This is complicated if you don't live in Pittsburgh, or maybe Green Bay (I imagine Green Bay is like this too). In Pittsburgh, sports is more then something fun to do occasionally. Sports is an obsession. This is going to narrow my dating pool more then anything in Pittsburgh. I don't mind watching football games with friends and family. But it doesn't need to be every Sunday and if there's another option that friends are going out to, then that should receive precedence to staying home alone and watching sports. Ok, that was a long rant... I'm not from Pittsburgh in case you couldn't tell. ;) So basically if the guy talks a lot about Steeler games and/or watching sports in his profile, he might get rejected out of hand. OR- if all his photos are in Steeler's jerseys.... don't bother emailing me.
  2. He has to smile in his profile pictures....I don't want to date a thug.
  3. No half-naked body-builder photos... can you say "tool"?
  4. Is your hat turned backwards in all your photos? Reject! I also don't want to date a gangsta wannabe.
  5. Makes as much or more money than me. 
  6. Has as much or more education than me. I want to be able to respect any guy I date.
  7. Between the ages of 27 (my age) and 35. I'm willing to be flexible by a couple years in either direction for a  particularly interesting guy. 
  8. Taller then me, by a couple inches at least. I want to be able to wear heels on dates and not feel like I'm towering over the guy. BFF (This is what I'm going to call my best friend from now on) says I'm silly if I reject a guy for this. There might be the exception to the rule, that's why it's last on the list... but it's on the list. ;)
So, eight golden rules. Let's see how many of them I break. 


No comments:

Post a Comment