Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Sex on the first date?

It's only supposed to be for sluts and whores right? Well, I just did it and besides the occasional pang of doubt that the rest of the world would think I am a slut... I feel great. A lack of emotional commitment paired with great sex where the guy thinks I'm beautiful was what I really needed.

Not only do I feel relaxed from great sex, I feel reassured that I am beautiful and everything that is feminine and wonderful.

So why is a woman having sex on the first date considered taboo? There's all kinds of advice articles online (if you do the Google search "sex on the first date") about how you shouldn't.

If I wanted a long term commitment... or really any commitment, I might agree. But why do girls get the slut/whore label when they're not looking for that commitment?  In fact, I have to say my first goal in beginning to date again was to not form a immediate attachment. (I would rather not be a serial monogamist, running straight into another long-term relationship.)

No, I didn't have anal... not that it's any of your business... I'm also not "the most fascinating man in the world"

Hmmm, here's an interesting article about why men shouldn't have sex on the first date. Funny how a lot of the reasons are about making her feel better.

Anyway, I'll let you know if I still feel the same way tomorrow. But I'm willing to be the answer will be yes.

Update:  I do still feel great the next day! So much so that I made another booty call date for tonight. (same guy, geez, you've got a dirty mind). I'm going on a trip tomorrow, so I thought it would be nice to get some one last time, before I'm deprived. ;)

The major question I've been thinking about today is.... should I tell him I just want to be friends with benefits? Or should I let it ride? I'll let you know what I decide!

1 comment:

  1. When I split up with my first husband i had lots of sex on first dates and I am not ashamed to say it...it made me feel good about myself, liberated and independent. I don't regret it for a minute as it helped me heal. Who cares about social stigma and other peoples judgement - have fun, god knows you deserve it.

    ReplyDelete