Monday, September 12, 2011

What is Sexting?

Sorry about the delay between posts. I went down to visit friends over Labor Day weekend, drank and ate way too much, and then started work on Tuesday. So it's been a busy week thus far.

On to the topic. What is Sexting? Sexting is something I never did with my husband. I always thought it was silly and I couldn't get into it at all. (Note: It's not effective if your partner laughs everytime you try.)

Definition: Sexting is the act of sending sexually explicit messages or photographs, primarily between mobile phones. The term was first popularized around 2005, and is a portmanteau of sex and texting, where the latter is meant in the wide sense of sending a text possibly with images.

But recently, with the below mentioned sexcapade, I experienced sexting that was a true turn on.

What made it effective? I can't say it was the phrasing. Re-reading some of the texts now is just embarrasing, but at the time was wonderful. Always before I had asked myself "What do people say when they sext??" And I could never find an answer. So here's a first. Despite the embarrasment to myself, I will posts some examples of sexting for your reference: (Not Safe For Work! Highlight to see!)



OMG, I'm not going to do that, you dirty perv! Lol, tricked you!




In hindsight, that actually might be a good sext, depending on what you were going for. :D



Anyway, I recommend starting with something along the lines of a normal conversation and getting dirtier from there. Don't try to dive right in... that'll get you that laugh you're hoping not to get. Make a sexual joke and then take it further from there. You'll soon find yourself in a conversation you would be embarrassed to have a coworker see.  ;)

Good luck and have fun!

2 comments: