Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Why it's great to be single

Why it's great to be single:
  1. I can do embarrassing things and bodily functions and I don't have to worry about appearing unattractive or, god forbid, absolutely disgusting. (when not in public, of course)
  2. I can make plans and go out when I want, without consulting with or taking anyone else into consideration.
  3. When I work late, I feel more like I accomplished something and less like I'm missing out on life.
  4. If I want to, I can not shower and stay in PJ's all weekend and not feel guilty about it.
  5. I can spend my money how and where I want.
  6. I can go on dates, go to the bar by myself.
  7. I can laugh load and obnoxiously and no one to complain.
  8. I feel like I can make stupid jokes and not be judged, you either like me or you don't. And I'm a dork, and I like dumb jokes and I laugh really loud (I mean I had a rep in college, seriously. Ask the KD ladies!)
  9. I can drink by myself and not feel guilty? Yeah ok, despite what my shrink keeps preaching, the guilt happens no matter what I tell myself. :P



Things that suck about being single:
  1. No one cares when you get home.
  2. No one is there for you to make dinner for, or for them to make dinner for you.
  3. I feel guilty about drinking alone.
  4. Despite only having 1 kitty, I kinda feel like a crazy cat lady. It might be all the talking I do to my kitty. Yep, probably that.
  5. I like cuddling and touching a lot. I want kisses and hugs and seeing a guy, who I love, who works 11 hour days and drive 1.5 hours each way means I don't get to see him on weekdays. I miss cuddling!!



BTW, Jane Seymour on How I Met Your Mother, as a cougar, soooo awesome.

Visit my other blog, A Resolution Everyday, it's so much more cheerful!

No comments:

Post a Comment