Thursday, April 19, 2012

Working Girl Update

So the temp's last day is Friday. At some point I just became amused with her and while I was the primary babysitter on Monday, I had her work on returns and when she made dum-dum baby mistakes, I simply crossed them out and gave them back to her to puzzle over. This way she's not screwing up or holding up orders, and I have to look over her returns anyway and can catch whatever. The returns aren't a priority, like orders and typically are done once a week. She doesn't understand this and is always trying to do returns as a #1 priority, so I decided to let her knock herself out. And I secretly enjoy scratching through an entire page with "Delete This! We do not send the customer their speaker when they haven't even sent it to us yet" Seriously, dum-dum baby.

She's mostly been Aja's problem this week, like sending out the wrong international order which we did not have payment on... matching names is hard when Koltech and GemSem are so similar. So yesterday I told her that for the next two days, she would not be entering orders, but would be working on this mindless project of mine. I am having her numerically organize the last 2000 or so purchase orders I've done. Then she will need to enter them onto a spreadsheet I created. She will have to look up the internal vendor id for each one and what/when items have been recieved against that PO for each line item. I've kinda been wanting this for awhile, but was never gonna do it myself. It's a little evil though, I know.

So the woman has "car trouble" today... all day. Everyone is convinced my task finally put it clear that she's about out. I can kinda see that, since I told her not to enter orders the next two days.... which is the main part of her job. It's the only thing she succeeds at about 25% of the time, which is her best success rate on any of the daily tasks. We're taking bets on whether she shows up tomorrow... drinks at happy hour next week. I think she'll be here tomorrow.

Meanwhile, a day without her and we are getting along ok... even more productive than we've been.

1 comment:

  1. You're bad. You should be punished. The bending over the knee kind, with your pants eased down.

    Is that bad? Anyway drop me a note at schwamp10@gmail.com to discuss.

    J.

    ReplyDelete