Monday, May 7, 2012

Shoe Epiphany at the Post Office

I love shoes. The higher the better usually, but I'm not overly discriminating over the heights... I'm open-minded kinda. I've been staring at a pair for a long time and finally gave in and gifted myself. I thought they were perfect, but turns out they aren't quite perfect. They're a little too small - my size isn't my size this time. My foot didn't get bigger - the size is a lie... problems of online shoe shopping. Some could even point out - what did I expect from online shopping?

Now I could make them work for a couple hours maybe. They still look good, and you and I would be the only ones to know they're not quite right. But the truth is that I will never be able to love them. I love shoes, and I take care of them and loyally keep them for years, so comfort is important. I have to be able to trust my shoes; trust that they aren't going to faux-cripple me with pain.

So I'm giving up on this pair. Maybe I'll upgrade to another size, afterall; I did like a lot about this pair. Or maybe I'll be looking for that corrected size pair and find a pair I like more. Meanwhile, this pair can't get the amazon return label on it fast enough. Maybe I'll meet the right pair for me online again, or maybe I'll come across him by chance, or maybe through a friend of a friend. I am always an optimistic realist though when it comes to shoes... and such.

1 comment: