Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Work Rant... Sorry

This day... the week... will never end. I am tired. Fell asleep at my desk and even while drifting think, "who cares? I'm f'ing tired" I would be severely embarrassed if anyone came around my corner actually. I have a new Chewbacca lego figure to play with at my desk. He's not new, but he's new to my desk. There's only so many times I can balance him and Han in my slinky though.

Our boss is out playing nurse for her husband this week and next, so we're on our own. She travels a lot anyway; sometimes she's only here for a few days of the month even. We are self-sufficient. However, one of the other VPs for the commercial side took it upon himself to visit and oversee us this week. He's not awful, but sometimes he makes my head hurt a lot. He used pretty blatant of his attitude that womenfolk opinions didn't matter. That feels good... like sandpaper on a sunburn. Also, he's technically with a different company and so has no bearing on what I do, so his being here is, um, super useful.

Last night not long after he gets in town, he is at my desk asking to see my file on 02AVCOM and why did they get such a low limit. Ok, what? Ok, I heard 02.. our customers don't start with that. I explain... first, that's not even my job within this company and second, I don't do anything for your company, so I will not have any of this info. He responds sharply, "I know that, but where do you keep the file" Deep breath, Tracy, he heard nothing you said. This time I explain that it would be just as odd for me to have credit history files on Best Buy customers as it would for me to have them for his customers. His eyes said he understood, but also that he heard the smartness in my voice. He then launches into a 5 min history about this customer... they're actually owned by Hy-Vee (or someone, I admit I wasn't listening well) and they are past due and going to put in a new larger order... blah blah blah. He finishes and stands there. I say, Hmm. He's still standing here. Can't hold back any longer, "I don't know what to tell you. I don't do anything with this in the company I work for and can, therefore, do even less for yours. So basically that was nothing more than a good story to me" Point across.

This morning I say good morning to him and get no response. Expected... uppity womenfolk need to be put in their place. Then he comes over demanding to know why we're out of something. I've just been dumped on by Aja deciding she is taking an early lunch because the phone is too busy... wth, we're supposed to be splitting the day on the phones and your half doesn't end for another hour and a half. So I snap- put the phone call on hold and tell him why we're out. "This is a new product. I had just enough flown in for all of our reps to have samples, but before I could set up orders to send them out, you pressured the warehouse into sending them to your reps. So we'll be out until mid June now, because I am not having any flown in and the rest are on a boat." Sidenote, I am having some flown in directly to the office and I will load up my car and take them to the warehouse because some people are outside the circle of trust. Like a fat squirrel with a fanny pack.

My vendor that I bitched about on Monday with the wire just called to tell me that he didn't ship it out Monday as promised. It probably won't ship out today either. I specifically gave him a credit card so it would go out on Monday. He can't run the credit card, it declined and he doesn't know why... "It's our CEO's. I just used it this morning, it's fine and has an obscene credit limit, so try again." Hiss... I do hate them... I really do. This wasn't meant to be a work rant post.

No comments:

Post a Comment