Monday, May 14, 2012

There's No Crying in Baseball

So newest dilemna... baseball tickets. I purchased two awesome seats for the t-bones baseball games out here. I have several games... 10 or 12 maybe. I miss having someone who would be up for anything I came up with to go do around town, like eating $1 hotdogs and watching the minor league-ish team play. I like the t-bones and this will be my third or fourth season following them. This is the first season I've invested upfront with so many tickets. This drives me nuts. I want to go with someone and not be the odd girl sitting alone at the games. I don't like baseball enough for that honestly. My grandpa is happier going to games alone and focusing on the baseball, that sounds unfun to me. I like that I can socialize through parts and not miss much. I've used it for dates in the past. But I need a lot of dates this season for these tickets and I don't find very likely to happen.

Kim suggested I do some online dating and take a new boy every week. Brilliant idea, but lately I've not gotten past a few exchanged emails with anyone. They seem to disappear after I start the "Are you really single? Please don't lie to me" train. I've drawn this out to not happening in the first or sometimes even the second email anymore, but it eventually happens. I know even as I type that question and plea that I sound crazy and needy, and that even I would ditch me, but it's overcome by a need to know. Some days the lack of response is taken as "There you go again, Tracy," but other more distrustful days are more like "Jerk, probably was married/in a relationship." Still I know that that's probably less true and more likely my current shade of crazy interfered. Still I don't know what I really want right now. I want a relationship, but at the same time I still feel like I don't have it in me to put forth the effort yet.

Anyhow, I'm open to suggestions on how to turn up someone who enjoys $1 hot dogs and minor league baseball. Or maybe I just need to not ask That question until they are already at the baseball game with me and we've made it past the 3rd inning at least. I'll go regardless; I've always been independent and if I can take myself out for a $50 dinner and enjoy myself, this isn't so bad. Much less noticeable, just less fun really.

No comments:

Post a Comment