Wednesday, October 26, 2011

The dumbest drama...

Since, I mentioned in the last post that this stupid party fight is some of the dumbest drama I've ever been involved in. I thought I would tell the story of the absolute dumbest drama I've ever been involved in. I'm pretty sure nothing will ever top this.

A couple of weekends ago, I went on a trip back to my college. I rode on an aeroplane and everything! On my second flight (I had to layover on the way there), I was sitting in the middle seat of the first row. It's a two hour flight, no biggie though, there's a girl to my left (window) and an older, not too fat guy to my right (aisle).

We take off and about two minutes in, the old-guy turns on his reading light and leans on the armrest (my armrest) and starts reading his book.... in my lap. I mean he is way leaned over. I am so uncomfortable. His arm is rubbing up against my ribs and my boob. I really have no place to go, there's only so far I can lean towards the girl, and it's not cutting it.

15 minutes in, I give in and ask him, very politely, to please lean the other direction. He gets all huffy and says he doesn't know what I'm talking about. I gape at him and point out that his book is practically in my lap. He reluctantly pulls up and sits straighter. Still in my bubble but not nearly as bad.

5 minutes later he's back in the same spot, and I have to do it. I say "I just don't understand why it's so hard to lean the other direction... please." Oh this time he's upset. He rambles off some reasons. The book light is over there he wants to read, I tell him he could move it. He swears he's not leaning into me at all. He says it's an armrest meant to be shared.

At this point I lose it. I tell him, oh the armrest is meant to be shared? Really? Well then I want my part of the armrest. I stick my elbow on the armrest and what ensues is a 1.5 hour fight over the armrest.

Elbowing each other, he says that now I'm invading his space. I say, oh really, I wonder how that feels. (Mind you... I'm not leaning, I didn't have the courage, nor did I really want to be close to him). At one point he reaches down like he has to get something (totally fake) and comes back up quick so he can slam his elbow into my arm. I hold my ground, and in fact, claim even more space. Mwahahaha.

The flight finally ends. I have hives because I hate confrontation that much. We disembark and I walk towards baggage. The guy sitting across the aisle from us, comes up to tell me how much that guy deserved what I did and he was glad I stood up to him. We talked loudly (with the old-guy walking behind us) about how rude the old-guy was.

This is by-far the most immature thing I've done in my adult life. I don't think I'll ever top it. I'm so embarrassed by this story. Yet strangely proud of myself for winning the elbow war.


4 comments:

  1. Haha. That story was just as funny the second time. I love you! ~Genny

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know he was a creep but he was totally into you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol, ewww! (appropriately immature response)

    ReplyDelete