Friday, October 21, 2011

Why?

Seeing this is like getting punched in the stomach.

http://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/lk0g5/i_caught_my_wife_cheating_i_am_lost/

It instantly reminds me of the pain and anguish of those first couple of days. But I can't let it be. I PMed (Private Messaged) this guy, letting know I'm here to talk if he wants to.

I just can't stand this. Why do people cheat? Hanging on to one person while you decide if you can get something better is horrible. How can you be that person? Why can't people be honest and upfront about how they feel? I know, I make it sound easy when it clearly is not.

I've been trying to hold to a policy of honesty with guys I've been dating. This means saying something if something is bothering me. And I'd like to think I'd be honest and just tell someone if I didn't like them.

BTW, I still haven't broken up with boy1. Not because I haven't tried, but because he's very successful at avoiding me. *sigh* I guess I'm giving up that DVD as lost, and unofficial broken-upedness can commence. (haha, I know it's not a word, I don't care!)

2 comments:

  1. Kim,
    You've been through alot but you're still naiive. That 'hurt guy' post you link to is fake. Guys are less likely to ask for directions and way way less likely to look for emotional support in this way. Another thing: guys that cheated and are divorced don't go around telling people they are the bad guys. It simply isn't marketable. They want the role of the victim and they take it. If your ex was on the market dating do you think he would tell dates he's divored because he cheated? No chance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe we didn't read the same post? His wife cheated on him. I actually see a lot of the "Cry-for-help" type posts on Reddit. It's pretty exasperating when it's teenage angst. But I understand the need to reach out anonymously on the internet. *cough cough*

    I don't think it's fake. My big clue? He did not react well to my message, which was basically along the lines of "get out now". He doesn't want to hear that now because he still thinks he can forgive her and move on. He's at that stage thinking he did something to cause this and there's no way he forced her to cheat on him.

    If you're not happy in your relationship, you should talk to your spouse about it, not going looking outside your marriage.

    I agree though. I don't think my ex is going around telling girls he cheated. I'm pretty sure it's something along the lines of "I wasn't Happy, it was a bad relationship" Something that would be sure to get him pity.

    ReplyDelete