Monday, October 31, 2011

Unexpected Neurosis

I fully expected to have trust issues. I fully expected to have to suppress and talk myself into believing a guy was not cheating on me, that he was a good guy and telling me the truth.

I never expected to feel doubt about future of a house.

Let me expound. When we were first looking at houses, the ex and I had big plans. He claimed to be handy and that he was excited about fixing up a house.

What really happened was that we bought a house that needed work and I worked on the house and he didn't. Sure he did the occasional required work, but he felt no urge to complete projects, or start projects... instead playing WoW and pointing out how tired he was after work. So much for working on the house together....

Ok, I understand he was tired, but I did projects and completed them, and I'm not the one who claimed to be handy before we bought the house.

So when boy2 starts talking about how excited he is to own a house in the future, and especially that it be a fixer upper, I had doubts. Serious doubts. And I tried my damnedest not to be a Debbie downer and be supportive. Because I would love to own a fixer upper on some land. I just couldn't help it, every time he started talking about it, I would think, 'but you'll be tired after working in construction all day you really want to come home and do that?? What about WoW?' He's the Guild Master of a top tier guild. And while I find that very attractive, it doesn't mean he has a lot of time after work, unless he's planning on giving  up WoW (can't see this happening).

While I have legit arguments for doubting him.... he doesn't deserve it. He follows through on everything else I've seen, and it's not fair to transfer my doubts to him.

Who knew my doubts and neurosis would interfere with this???

No comments:

Post a Comment