Friday, November 4, 2011

Last Night

... I fell asleep to music for the first time ever. Not Classical Music. Not New Age or anything soothing. Rush, Tenacious D, Bloodhound Gang, Classic Country Gold (it's a mixed CD with really old country on it, think Patsy Cline), Incubus, Linkin Park and The Urge.

It started out as me lying there and jamming out to it. I had had a couple beers (not enough to be seriously drunk). I was exhausted b/c I've been working overtime all week, including that evening, and for the 4 previous days I had woken up at 2 am, not able to get back to sleep till about 4. I know, weird sleep pattern right?

I had just taken a burning hot shower (my favorite type, terrible for your blood pressure and skin, wonderful for relaxation).

As I lay there jamming out to music and not thinking.... I fell asleep. I'm a little concerned because I woke up at about 1am, just to get under the covers, and the music was off. Had it shut itself off? Or had a roomie or BFF gotten tired of hearing the music (it carries) and come upstairs and shut it off. I wouldn't care except I really hadn't gotten dressed after that shower. :D  Oh well, let's hope it turned itself off.

The point was, I felt so relaxed and so good that I passed out. Way the f*ck out. Good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment