Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Let Down

No date. I looked cute all day. One of his cousins was out of town and Ty had to go to his computer store for some emergency thing. I dunno, whatever. I felt stood up even though I understand that he needed to go. I'm dealing with chick brain thoughts. I'm wondering if I'm pursuing a guy who doesn't really care about me and am, therefore setting myself up to be hurt. I want to bail and break things off... when really nothing has even started and is an overreaction.

The new girl at work irritates the hell out of me. She takes 45 minutes on average to process the simplest of orders, it usually takes us a couple minutes. She's been there three weeks and I'm trying to remember that I sometimes have too high/unrealistic expectations. She can't quit because of me, so I keep reminding myself that she's trying... kinda. She just wants the answer and doesn't care about the why and that irritates me. When I tell her the part number and flip the price guide to that page and hand it back to her and say something like, "See it now?" She didn't even pretend to look at it and said, "No". I stared at her for a moment. Similar things had happened already in the day by this point, so I accidentally said out loud, "You might try looking... in the middle of the page" very quietly, but very sarcastically. Then I ended up doing it for her about 30 minutes later.

I worked 11 hours without lunch today. No date meant I chose to stay a lil late and look over a couple things. I spent an extra 2.5 hours fixing stuff. I ate tasty leftover mexican and some cookie dough and a Sam Adams variety six pack upon getting home. Pretty sure that negates my workout this morning and I don't really care right now. I'm lonely and tipsy and horny... awful combo really.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, the end of that post left me a little worked up. Thanks alot (sarcasm). Better now :-)

    It's kind of frustrating being the smart one, but it beats the alternative - right? You and Kim must have been something in college.

    Eating Mexican and cookie dough in front of the TV is still pretty good for a bad day. When you wake up tomorrow, you won't know if it will be a bad day, a good day, or a great day. I hope you can find an enjoyment of it's own in the anticipation of it all.

    You're chutzpah is awesome, but you just need to stay out there having fun and being seen - with Ty or whatever, because ultimately you will be pursued, as it should be.

    always,
    J.

    ReplyDelete