Saturday, March 10, 2012

I should be paid for my skills

So I convinced them to work it out. He called me while I was out at dinner with some friends to tell me that he'd been thinking about what I said and he asked Erin about counseling/divorce counseling and she said she wanted to be honest and try and work out their marriage for B. So he is going to try and be the best husband and father he can be and they're going to try couples counseling. I think he wanted me to say something more, but all I could say was "Ok, well good. I think you should give it your best try. If anything I'm irritated you didn't come to this conclusion sooner." Then we wished each other luck and I said bye and hung up... I could hear B crying in the background. I don't know whether to expect an email or message on Monday when he's not being forced to make a phone call in her presence, but I don't care anymore. I can't handle being jerked around like this. I felt betrayed before, but this time I kinda feel like I got dumped somehow. I was doing so good and then let this hope come in and then now it is loss all over again. What the hell is wrong with me that I attract these people? Why did I continue to stay involved with them??

2 comments:

  1. "He said he didn't love her as anything more than a friend and as B's mother. I asked if he really heard himself, because I guess I think that's kinda what happens in relationships and isn't the end of the world."

    Tracey,
    You really nailed it in that sentence. It's taking him a lot longer to figure it out though. Maybe it would have been easier on you to cut ties quicker but you did some good by hanging in there. So have a glass of wine and know that you make the world a better place.

    best friends always ;-)
    J.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So apparently it wouldn't take my comment over the phone and now I can't remember what I said. It was probably something along the lines of how you're a good person.

    Any updates?

    Love ya!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete